Created by MyFitnessPal - Easy Calorie Counting

Thursday, January 15, 2009

My New "Diet"

This is Day 4 of my new life changes...and you know what? Tomorrow is Friday and I think I might just keep on going....
Honestly, I haven't had much time to think about Dr. Peppers this week. They are not in my fridge staring at me and after reading about how much sugar is in them on Trey's blog I'm not missing them too bad.
I hesitate in telling you what "diet" I'm on for two reasons...
1) I don't believe "diets" are the best plans...life changes are
and
2) I don't like the idea of gaining all of the weight back when I get off of this "diet"
but I'm all about honesty so I'll share...
Yesterday, I started Nutrisystem. I'm not here to endorse it or say that it's going to be this miracle weight loss cure because I don't believe that. I do think it will help me with portions, adding fruits and veggies and weed out all of the junk food I've been slamming down my throat for the last few years.
I believe in healthy eating and exercise. I struggle with commitment. Having these portions delivered to my door...is going to help me. Maybe not everyone, but me! I will commit to eating what I'm supposed to on this "diet."
I tried Weight Watchers before and I did lose weight, but then I got lazy and it was too easy to eat whatever and not count the points.
With Nutrisystem I have spent $$ on it and I will eat it.....and I will be faithful and check off my meal plan each day. I can't believe how much food I'm eating. They are like marathon meals. It's just one fruit or vegetable after another. So good.
I'm also drinking water ALL day long.....which has made me feel better....and without the sodas I feel like I can think a little more clearly.
I don't have all of the answers and some things that I'm going to do or eat you will know of something better. I hope that you will share your healthier ideas with me.

4 comments:

TREY MORGAN said...

I've just quit calling what I eat a "diet." Instead it's just a lifestyle. It's how I chose to live.

One thing I do when I need something sweet is eat me a bowl of cereal. It's a little better for me than ice cream.

You're doing good ... keep it up!

Dawn Jenkins said...

Okay...I don't know if I am the best one for advice b/c I am doing weight watchers and had trouble yesterday and today =( so my track record isn't great...BUT
if I want a "treat" in my water I add a crystal light packet ( I like the citrus called focus) it is great. I am glad you can do nutrisystem...to each his own, you know!!! Keep on truckin' girl!

Fun Family Fitness said...

proud of you...whatever works....just know that I will help you in any way that I can....you can do it....steph

Charla (SHar-la) said...

From what I know about it, Nutrisystem and Jenny Craig and all of those types of "diets" aren't like diets where, when you "get off", you just go right back to what you weighed. The whole idea of Nutrisystem is it trains your mind and body to start craving and eating right. It's the same thing with the Body for Life "diet" Richard and I started before we married. It just trained us on how much and what to eat and then you get into such a habit, eating is easier after you stop doing the diet itself. I'm so proud of you for making the effort...so many don't even get that far! Go girl!