Created by MyFitnessPal - Easy Calorie Counting

Monday, January 12, 2009

Day 1

Oh Mondays. How many times have I started a new diet or exercise regimen on a Monday only to completely forget about it by Friday? I hope this time is different.

No Dr. Pepper today and it has actually been okay. When I went home for lunch I really wanted one...but I was tough and had water. The rest of the day I either drank hot (decaf) tea or water with some flavor thanks to the little Crystal Light packets. Not too shabby.

I went to the gym to weigh for the Biggest Loser Contest at F3 and I also met with my buddy Steph so I could get my workouts lined up. Boy, is she great!! She really inspired me today.

I will admit that I ate 2 cookies because I knew I was going to weigh today...but I must get rid of them. Sitting in my glass cookie jar will not do. Out of sight, out of mind!!

If I lose my goal of 45 lbs. I will weigh what I did my junior year in high school. Is that even possible..to weigh what you did in high school after having babies? We shall see.

Bad choices from today:
  1. 2 cookies
  2. eating liv's leftover chicken nuggets & not even counting it as my dinner

Good choices from today:

  1. no dr. peppers!
  2. actually went to the gym...just for a training session though
  3. had an apple instead of chips
  4. bought organic milk
  5. wellness shake for breakfast
  6. hot tea instead of coffee

4 comments:

Dawn Jenkins said...

I think this is awesome...thank you for inspiring me. I too have started diets a million times on a Monday only to quit by Thursday.=(
I lost 35 pounds after I married Ronnie and 35 pounds after having Drew...well, Kade is a different story...I got about 13 pounds away from my goal weight and then haven't been close since. I am trying to lose (I do Weight Watchers and work out) 35 pounds by my BDAY (5/16). I lost 1.5 last week and messed up a little today...but I am going to keep going. My end goal weight loss is 38 pounds b/c I will weight what I did before I had Drew. I also want to just feel better(more energy) and I am tired of my butt drooping and my legs rubbing together..OKay, I know, too much Information...so I will stop!!!!

Helen Keller said...

saw you at the gym.. you go girl! man the no cokes is my goal.. i love diet coke... cannot kick it!

Fun Family Fitness said...

Tara...I am so proud of you...You can do it....Set small goals is the key...(stop drinking DP...eating better) that is the exact way to start....Then when you start meeting all your small goals you will feel better about yourself and all those small goals will get you to that big goal of getting to your healthy weight....I am proud of you...and was excited to see you at the gym....be careful tonight...steph

Fun Family Fitness said...

and.....you will be SOOOOOOO surprised how much you will just lose by stopping with the DP's and how much better you will actually feel...love ya...steph